The concepts submitted to contest must be based on effective R&D projects already approved under initiatives of public funded programmes and on active projects with execution period including the current year (2017), developed by the Participant.
The ideas should clearly demonstrate:
- The practical utility of the research being developed under the scope of the aforementioned R&D project;
- The applicability of the aforementioned research within the areas of Ambient Assisted Living (AAL) and/or Information and Communication Technology for Developing Countries (ICT4D);
- The potential impact of the expected results of the aforementioned research.
The submitted ideas should reflect and comment their potential impact on the scientific areas currently being developed by Fraunhofer Portugal AICOS, namely:
- Human Computer Interaction – adapting interaction to specific user needs (user & social experience, mobile & future devices, evaluation & usability);
- Information Processing – from raw data to meaningful information (data retrieval, context awareness, multimodal information fusion);
- Autonomic Computing – smarter devices, less configuration and maintenance (remote & self-management, configuration and control).